S.A.F.E.Oceans

This site serves as the jumping off point for the new organization S.A.F.E.Oceans which stands for Student Action For the Environment. This site will have links to marine bio related news and also to satellite schools where the organization is also initiated.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Upcoming Events and Info


Hello everyone. We have made a couple of changes to our event this week. We will still be meeting at the bus circle; however, we will be doing the canoe cleanup instead and having a BBQ/play day at Zilker Park. It sounded like it was going to work out better that way. Also if anyone is interested in starting an IM Soccer team, please email Ren Pastana @dvillesokkerdude@mail.utexas.edu. We will be tabling this week and available times are Wed. from 2-5pm and Thurs. from 1-5pm. The materials will be located at SER 201 and my cell number is 408-644-6702. If you like to set up at the West Mall, let me know. If the tabling doesn't work out so well, we will try for alternatives as far as outreach. Ren suggested one time that we start a facebook group for our group which sounds like a good idea. As far as the t-shirts go. I will be working on the design or final look in the next coming weeks and will present ideas at our next meeting. Also, one of Freshman Interest Groups is looking for some people to come and talk about our group on Tues. Feb. 27th from 1-2pm. I am definitely going to go, if anyone else wants to, please let me know...oceanadventurer@mail.utexas.edu
Ok, I think that about covers it, if I've missed anything, let me know. So as far as the volunteer/social event goes, the final info is listed below:

When: Sun. Feb. 25
Time: 9:00am
Where: In front of the fountain at the bus circle. (23rd & San Jacinto).

From there, we will carpool over to Zilker and clean the lake and have a BBQ.

Please R.S.V.P. by commenting on this post with your name so we know how many to book.
Thanks!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going! Anything I need to bring?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger ami~ said…

    I don't think so. We will be doing a cleanup, so dress for that and the weather and you should be ok. Rob's dad is going to grill and I have supplies, so we should be ok! I will send out an email if anything comes up.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rob is going

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April, Rae here...Katie, Lucia and I will be coming to the canoe cleanup. We live near Zilker, so we will meet you there!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger ami~ said…

    That's awesome! It'll be good to see all of you. I promise I'll be there on time :)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger jenn said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger jenn said…

    I, Jennifer Mercado from 4-H CAPITAL AmeriCorps will be there. :D

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home