S.A.F.E.Oceans

This site serves as the jumping off point for the new organization S.A.F.E.Oceans which stands for Student Action For the Environment. This site will have links to marine bio related news and also to satellite schools where the organization is also initiated.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Next Meeting

Hey there, I hope everyone had a somewhat stress-free week. I can definitely say that this is one of my busiest semesters. Anyway, hope your weekends go well. Kandice, Robby and myself will be presenting the group with our ideas for February's issue. We will present our ideas to you guys and then will vote on which ones we want to do and how we want to carry out our outreach. If you have any ideas, please bring them up at the next meeting. I also got an email from my friend at the Ocean Conservancy the other day and he mentioned us hosting a lecture for someone who has written a book on marine conservation. I will talk more about it at the meeting. Also, there are a lot of events coming up. I absolutely want our group involved in something for Earth Day...we need a really innovative idea...we'll have to brainstorm. That's about it for now. Please take note below. Our meeting place is different this week. We will most likely alternate locations throughout the semester.

So next meeting is as follows:

When: Monday, February 5th
Time: 6:00pm-7:00pm...or earlier
Where: Texas Union Rm: 4.224 Asian Culture Room

I will see everyone next Monday, feel free to tell your friends about the group, the more the better! Take care.

~AMI

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will bring a few markers and such to outline/draw the visual for next week. I can also try to grab some newspapers on my way to the meeting -Felipe

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger ami~ said…

    I am bringing thick posterboard (science fair style) and some markers.
    --April

     

Post a Comment

<< Home